It's 7:42 and 30 C

Yesterday was super hot. It was even too hot in the basement. I was sweating sitting at the computer. But there was a nice breeze going through the house so sleeping upstairs wasn't intolerable. Oh, I didn't mention that the last night we slept on the air mattress, we discovered it had a leak in it. We discovered it at 3:00am. Oh well, I had to get up to pee anyway so we moved upstairs. I'm so glad we bought that foam mattress. It might be our only hope tonight. So anyway, back to my story. Yesterday was almost unbearably hot and today was supposed to be even hotter so we decided that we'd go to the beach today. Actually this morning wasn't too hot but I still really wanted to go, I was getting pretty bored. We decided to go to Denare Beach instead of Sally's Beach because it's bigger and nicer. It had clouded over and wasn't too hot when we left but by the time we got there, the clouds were gone and the day was hot. And we ended up meeting some of friends there. And boy, was the water ever nice. I usually don't like lake water because it's so cold and it takes me an hour to walk all the way out. Well, today, I charged right in. That might have been a mistake because I got up to my chest and started hyperventilating. Now, I've been in colder water than that but for some reason, I could not catch my breath. I was even getting a little dizzy. Mark's friend yelled over not to go into labour now. Finally I was able to catch my breath and I could relax. I was a little surprised over my reaction to the water. I guess next time, I'll go a little slower. But I didn't want to get out because it was so nice. So we stayed int he water slashing around for a while and then they invited us to their cabin and we had some munchies and sat on their deck. It was a nice day. But now I'm sweating again. I'll have to have a shower tonight and sleep on the foam mattress.

Interesting Pregnancy Fact: the belly floats. And it takes all the weight off the muscles and other parts holding it up. And wow, does it ever feel good. I was floating in the lake on my back, and I was a reverse shark. I started doing the backstroke and humming the theme from Jaws.

I'm listening to Meatloaf Storytellers. It's the one where he tells you what he won't do for love. So if you've ever wondered what is That that he won't do for love, here's his explanation...
It's different for every chorus but here's an example...
I'll never stop dreaming of you every night of my life
I'll do anything for love, but I won't do that
I'll never forget the way you feel right now
I'll do anything for love, but I won't do that....and so on.
Now you know.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I always wanted to go swimming when I was pregnant, but I couldn't find a swimsuit I liked (It was winter) and our pool is ridculously expensive, although I might spring for the luxury of weightlessness next time.

Popular Posts