Bad Breakups or How I Learned to Love Again

In October, 2020, I fell in love. That was when we flew to Calgary to pick up our Tesla Model Y. Look at me. Don’t I look happy? Behind the wheel of my new love? 


Sadly, it wasn’t too long before he broke my heart. 



This was February 2021. We noticed we didn’t have any heat. We called the service centre and they sent out a tow truck to take it to Saskatoon and arranged for a rental. It spent weeks in service before we were able to go and pick it up. I forgave it after that. Forgive and forget and all that. 

Then, on December 26, 2021, it happened again. We were driving from Moose Jaw to Regina when the heat quit. We spent just under an hour with cold air blowing on us to keep the windows from frosting over. It was -30° outside. I lost feeling in my toes around Pense. We had extra blankets. My daughter kept the dog in her coat. And yet it was so cold and so bad. My youngest daughter complained of stabbing pain in her toes. So Tesla sent a tow truck and arranged for a rental. 



It stayed in Saskatoon for a week before they told us it was done. Luckily my sister and her family were traveling from Saskatoon to Regina so at least we didn’t have to drive all the way to Saskatoon again to pick it up. We had to wait an extra day because of the blizzard before we could drive to Regina to pick it up. We decided to meet at the rental place to drop off the rental and make the switch. Unfortunately before we even got there my brother in law called us with the news that the heater wasn’t working again. Or maybe it was fortunately because if we had dropped off the keys of the rental we would have really been screwed. So we called Tesla and they sent a tow truck and this time we simply kept the rental. 



Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on you.  Fool me three times and you’re dead to me. 

Like a bad boyfriend who keeps cheating on you, there comes a moment when you just have to walk away. Yes, you love him very much. You put a lot of time and effort into him. You made plans. But now it’s obvious he doesn’t care about you and he’s just going break your heart again. He ain’t gonna change!! And I need to make a clean break. 

We sold the Tesla. Well, actually we traded it in for a Ford Edge. From a dealer right here in our hometown. I had no idea just how important having a service centre in the town in which you live is so very important. Even for a vehicle that is hailed as “low maintenance”. I guess sometimes you have to grow up and realize that stability is a greater quality than a flashy features. And I need to find a vehicle that will treat me right. 

One things about that first photo. The one of me driving the car. We named our car the Razor Crest after the ship The Mandalorian flew.  (Spoiler Alert) When the ship was destroyed during Chapter 14, a part of me thought, gee, I hope that doesn’t happen to our Razor Crest! But no, it’s just a fictional tv show - there’s no way that a fictional Razor Crest could possibly influence what happens to our real life Razor Crest. 

Now we just have to figure out a name for this new vehicle. Preferably not one from a ship that is blown to smithereens!

For the record, I still believe in electric vehicles and I believe that Tesla will figure this all out and build more amazing vehicles. It’s just that I need to work on myself right now, you know?

Comments

Popular Posts