Snowmageddon!!

It is here!!

This was our yard last night: 


This was our yard this morning:


But I guess we were warned. Yesterday, the call came out that school was canceled for the rest of the week. And since the kids are in Easter Break next week they have an extended holiday!!

We were supposed to have our parent teacher conferences last too but those got postponed/canceled as well. I’m not too concerned. I emailed ours daughters’ teachers to see if there were any concerns. Spoiler Alert: there aren’t. 

We also had an informal meeting at work about the impending storm. Basically if it’s too bad, don’t go to work. When I woke up and looked outside I figured I could probably make it in. Then I looked at the radar and realized that if I did get in, I probably wouldn’t make it back home. And sure enough, just as it was close to the time to leave the snow got worse and the visibility seriously decreased. I let work know.  Turns out a few others couldn’t get in either. And they live in town. I tried to log into my work email but stupid Google verification won’t let me in. It keeps trying to verify me and send my phone a code to enter but it doesn’t have my phone number. Then it says I need to log into a computer that I have already logged into and get the code there. Of course I haven’t logged in before!! Oh well. Snow day it is!! 

Noon: 


Note the snow drift in front of the window that is growing by the minute!

About an hour later:


And this evening:


I’m going to attempt to try to go to work again tomorrow. I shudder at the amount of emails I’ve missed!! However, we shall see what happens!!

Comments

Popular Posts